Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Completely redid the bunny room!

naturestee

Cavy Slave
I'm so happy! I finally finished my big project! It was our first project in our first house. The hubby and I ripped the carpet out of the bunny room and put good (for the rabbits) vinyl in. Then we expanded/replaced their cages to take up all the space except a small walkway to the closet.

The pens are 5 grids long, about 3.5 wide. I bought dragon grass mats from Pier 1 and made them into tunnels to celebrate the buns' new digs. I see a big order of toys from Bunny Bytes in the future...

Fey and Sprite's cage:

Mocha and Loki's cage:

And a few more pics for good measure.

Loki and his new tunnel toy.

The lovebirds!

Sprite and Fey are rebonded, and closer than ever!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Your buns are sooo lucky! They are gorgeous, too.

charliesangel88

Cavy Slave
I think I've seen these pics somewhere before....lol lol lol lol lol

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
It looks awesome, I especially love the shelves (I bet the bunnies do too). I might have to steal your tunnel idea--very neat!

I have to ask a question though, have your rabbits always had no problem with vinyl? My rabbit will not set a paw upon any smooth surface including vinyl or wood flooring. He will only run around on carpet, and what makes it worse is that he is not very good with the litterbox, so I always have to clean up the pee stains.

naturestee

Cavy Slave
Their cages before this were fairly smooth-bottomed as well so they're used to it. Loki actually likes playing in our dining room which has the world's most slippery linoleum! He does have to move very very slowly, but he gets a kick out of it. Plus this stuff has the most texture I've ever seen in vinyl/linoleum flooring. If you stand on this stuff in your socks and try to do the twist, your feet move but your socks don't! I haven't seen them slide in the slightest bit, which usually happened if the more clumsy ones tried to do something silly. In the old cages they would use their litterboxes as landing pads from their shelves, but they feel so safe on this floor that they jump right down onto it.

I could never have carpet in any of the cages as I've seen them all eat the fibers. I know someone who's rabbit had a stomach blockage due to carpet fibers. Thankfully she survived the surgery, but few rabbits do and it scares the @#!*$ out of me. I trust Fey and Sprite enough to give them flour sack towels to sleep on, but I don't think I want them over the whole floor. I can't give them to the other two as they would be Loki's midnight snack.

And I hear you on the pee stains. My buns are all in a poop/pee war with each other and mark by each other's cages. I could not keep the carpet in the bunny room clean! And in the cage, Mocha has a disconnect between her brain and her butt. She's the only one I had as a baby, and she's the least littertrained of all of them.:grumpy:

lilliesmomma

Cavy Slave
What a great room! :eye-poppi :cheerful: I'm jealous!

I use worn out towels for my buns to snuggle on. They also have (and absolutely love) lambswool cat beds from Petco. They each have one but I will also find them snuggling together in one of them as well.

They like to dig and rearrange the towels but do not eat them. They will eat carpet though.

Carissa

Cavy Slave
That is one amazing room...my little bun is drooling. When we finally build on I plan to turn our bedroom into a room like that but I have yet to convince my husband that it's worth thousands of dollars to build on so that the animals can have their own bedroom. lol I love your tunnels too, what a good idea.

bromers

Cavy Slave
So cute. But I have to say. Not enough room its so crapped :D Its cool that they have there own room.

csharpmajor

Cavy Slave
Wow... so many grids @_@ That's really amazing.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.