Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Brave Piggy

Alanas

Cavy Slave
My dad and I built my piggies an outdoor cage, my dog decided it would be fun to scare my piggies by hiding behind the cage and then when they don't expect it, pounce and bark near them while they are nibbling on the grass. My piggies are so smart though because they can smell and hear him coming and when he does it they do not flinch one bit but they walk right up, look him in the eye and stay there until he walks away. My dog doesn't do it anymore. My piggies are so brave and smart! :)

shermn

Cavy Slave
LOL
That reminds me of my best friend's Pig, Hoyt.

The family cat will go up and stick his paws in the cage (without claws I might add, he is a nice cat) and Hoyt plays with the cat's paws. And the cat does nothing but sit there and watch..
Its funny, we should film it one time lol :D

guineapigfan9000

Cavy Slave
Oh... I'm scared by that. No dog can get into my piggy-shed and yard, although maybe cats. But the cages are cat-proof, even paw-proof.
Once mine were with a friend while I was away, a dog tried to attack them. Luckily the cage itself is dog-proof, the guinea pigs were a little scared but apparently a prompt delivery of veggies soon settled their little minds.

shermn

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I would never let any other animal, or small children, any where near my babies..
But man, you should see Hoyt.. He is one fat pig lol
Honestly, he is bigger than a kitten (& I swear maybe a little bit insane hehe). He peed on me the other day. I wasnt impressed (as my pigs have never peed on me...)

pigloverr

Cavy Gazer
I get worried about dogs getting in my backyard when my piggies are in their grass cages. I never used to worry because they were only in them when I was at home [so I'd notice if someONE tried to take them] and we have two layers of fences from the front road and houses with no dogs surrounding. BUT this big dog with a heavy set jaw has moved into the backyard behind mine. =[ Now I bring extra grass into them on days which would have been their grass days till I get extra heavy duty dog-proof cages. =[ Poor piggies. But it is in their best interests.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.