Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

  1. #1
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Hi, I would like to know how many of u r from Malaysia? So that we can share info & experience together, such GP suppliers in Malaysia.

  2. #2
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Dec 19, 2004
    Location
    Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Well, I'm a future gp owner... heh... really looking forward in getting those cute cavies but no idea where to get cheap ones. Midvalley is very expensive RM 200 !!!

  3. #3
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    In Malaysia u can find GP frm RM20-200+

  4. #4
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Dec 21, 2004
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennethlhm
    In Malaysia u can find GP frm RM20-200+
    believe me or not,I get my gp for only RM 12!!!! BTW,I'm living in ipoh

  5. #5
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by k_ann91
    believe me or not,I get my gp for only RM 12!!!! BTW,I'm living in ipoh
    Yes. I heard someone bought @ RM15 at klang. Depends on location, which state.

  6. #6
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Dec 19, 2004
    Location
    Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Whar.. klang ah?... Are those abby or short hair?

  7. #7
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Abby & short hair are the common breeds in Malaysia.

  8. #8
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Dec 19, 2004
    Location
    Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    so that means long hair is quite rare? I recall that you did say that some place in Malaysia sells long hair pig

  9. #9
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by miccee
    so that means long hair is quite rare? I recall that you did say that some place in Malaysia sells long hair pig
    You can find more variety breeds in those big pet shops but at expensive price.

  10. #10
    Cavy Slave babymeow's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 30, 2005
    Location
    Torontonian in Malaysia
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    I've come to Malaysia just a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still learning to get around town. Apart from pet shops, would I be able to adopt guinea pigs at humane societies or other rescue groups? I've located the website of a "small pet rescue" in selangor but their email isn't working anymore. Have you heard of it? Thx.

  11. #11
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by babymeow
    I've come to Malaysia just a couple of weeks ago, so I'm still learning to get around town. Apart from pet shops, would I be able to adopt guinea pigs at humane societies or other rescue groups? I've located the website of a "small pet rescue" in selangor but their email isn't working anymore. Have you heard of it? Thx.
    Mind provide the url. I have not heard of it yet.

  12. #12
    Cavy Slave babymeow's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 30, 2005
    Location
    Torontonian in Malaysia
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    The link is:

    http://smallpet_rescue.tripod.com/sm...escuemalaysia/

    Seems like the site hasn't been updated for at least a year or so (since I last visited).

  13. #13
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by babymeow
    The link is:

    http://smallpet_rescue.tripod.com/sm...escuemalaysia/

    Seems like the site hasn't been updated for at least a year or so (since I last visited).
    No full address & contact numbers. Not sure whether it exist or not.

  14. #14
    Cavy Slave babymeow's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 30, 2005
    Location
    Torontonian in Malaysia
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Thx for checking it out. Guess i have no luck there.

  15. #15
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 28, 2004
    Posts
    1,496
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Just out of curiousity, I do not in Malaysia. But how much is RM 200 in American money?

  16. #16
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinn&sprinslave
    Just out of curiousity, I do not in Malaysia. But how much is RM 200 in American money?
    1 USD = RM 3.8
    RM200 = 78.95 USD

  17. #17
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Jul 28, 2004
    Posts
    1,496
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by kennethlhm
    1 USD = RM 3.8
    RM200 = 78.95 USD
    *gasps* that's a lot of money!!! Around where I live I can adopt a guinea pig for $5 or some times free. And if I wanted to (which I dont) I could buy one for $10 - $30

  18. #18
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinn&sprinslave
    *gasps* that's a lot of money!!! Around where I live I can adopt a guinea pig for $5 or some times free. And if I wanted to (which I dont) I could buy one for $10 - $30
    In Malaysia, GP is selling from RM20 - 280

  19. #19
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    May 18, 2005
    Location
    Kota Damansara, Malaysia
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Hi Kenneth,

    Your GPs are so cute. I plan to get a GP as a pet. However, because I'm a beginner, I really do not have any idea about caring for a GP.

    Before I do get one, would appreciate if you could let me know whether it's difficult to care for one and roughly what's the budget for a start-up kit plus a GP?

    Thanks.

    Jo

  20. #20
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 09, 2004
    Location
    Sel, Malaysia
    Posts
    381
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How many Malaysian GP owners here?

    Quote Originally Posted by josephinewm
    Hi Kenneth,

    Your GPs are so cute. I plan to get a GP as a pet. However, because I'm a beginner, I really do not have any idea about caring for a GP.

    Before I do get one, would appreciate if you could let me know whether it's difficult to care for one and roughly what's the budget for a start-up kit plus a GP?

    Thanks.

    Jo
    Better get a pair as they need accompanies. If you want to make a C&C cage, I think it only cost u < RM100.

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •