Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The stupidity of some people astounds me...

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
Ive just read the most horrible thread...

A cavy with symptoms of not eating resulted in many thinking it was an abcess or macroculsion (sp?).

The person in question just posted and said that her dad has just trimmed that cavies teeth himself. With a dremal saw. A saw that is used to cut steel and wood. Can you believe that!

Im outraged what gives anyone the right to operate on their own ''beloved pet'' themselves. If I read about heart surgery and is shown how to do it does that mean I can? No.

So if they read about teeth trimming they think they can just do it? What makes matters worse is her dad then trimms the neighbours rabbits teeth like hes some expert on the matter.

I then get a private message from someone saying I was too 'harsh"" and they trimm their cavies teeth as well! What is the world coming to next they will have a whole backyard vetinary surgery out in their shed...

Any thoughts on this?

Also I will post the link to the thread. Moderators if this is against the rules please remoive it with my sincerest aplogies, Thankyou.
(Edit by Ly- Link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Macayle
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
I 6think thats tight posting stuff about another persons website.

Macayle

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
I agree with Macayle, please can you remove the link it isn't fair on them! I do agree that the poster wasn't acting responsibly though.

Sawda
Macayle

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
I'm confused now?

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
I agree with Macayle. If you don't like the site than why are you on there? i don't remember them doing this to cavy cages.

Emma

Macayle

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Please don't post any links to that site, it just causes upset when all the kids from the site join to stick up for their friends.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
That person sounds like they shouldn't have a guinea pig. They claim that their parents won't take it to a vet and they're obviously too young to do much to save it on their own.

Sawda

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
I agreed with you Macayle, obviously! ;)

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I don't think there's any problem with posting about it. Fluffball wasn't posting to "trash" that forum, she was angry about one post that one person made. She didn't say anything bad about the forum as a whole.

clover-crystal

Cavy Slave
And if you read it further on, people where not happy with the situation either!

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
I dont want to start a fight I apologise if I offended anyone...

It was heat of the moment and I am sincerely sorry.

However I have found many qoutes on pimms pages calling this forum ''horrible'' and that we are all ''nasty people''.

If you want those quotes from your own forum simply search ''cavy cages'' in the search feature or C&C.

Sawda

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I am also a member, Sawda. My username is Trina05 I think! I don't have anything against that forum. It just amazes me how some of the members have no idea about guinea pigs..ie..piggy_luver.

Fluffball

Cavy Slave
This thread was regarding health, and teeth not breeding. I also stay away from the breeding sections. I only post on the health section which is where I found the thread.

Please stop digging up old information and turning this into a debate over which forum is better and who said what. Its new years and I apologised. Thats all. I was only angry and appaulded over the treatment and I also was not saying anything bad about your forum only the person in question. Just because it is on your forum doesnt mean I was attacking it.

I hope you see where I am coming from thankyou.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.