Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Mexico & South America Guinea pig's owner from Mexico

micmver

Cavy Slave
Hi. I'm posting a new thread here. This is my first visit to Cavy Cages and I'm not still sure what are all the things people can do here, so, I think it would be nice if there's any more people from Mexico or latin countries (spanish spoken countries) so we can share expereciences and opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carissa

Cavy Slave
Welcome here! I'm not from Mexico but my husband comes from Mexico. He lived in a village close to Cuauhtemoc. He came to Canada when he was nine years old. I hope you can learn a lot here. How many guinea pigs do you have?

cavypaulita

Cavy Slave
Hola!
I'm from Argentina and my main language is Spanish...
You'll learn a lot here, I'm sure.
Paula

Havok

Cavy Slave
Hola, I'm from Mexico, i live in Cancun and having lots of problems finding materials and food too... all thing i have for my Pigs i bougth them in the US :p

nenaramirez

Cavy Slave
hi!!!! im from Mazatlan Mexico, but I live in Mexicali so I dont have much of a problem getting guinea pig material or food cause is near the border... I have one piggy and looking to adopt another, I just think piggys are great when they are well trated and happy... they can be very fun!!!
Nena!

joaquinmtz

Cavy Slave
Hi, I'm from Torreon, Coahuila but I live in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, I did had a hard time finding materials, and I finally builted my cage with linoleum, and grids, I have 2 male long haired pigs, they are great!!

Where do you get the GP food from? I have to go to US to bring it home

Do you know if we are able to write in spanish?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
We prefer if you don't write in spanish. When you write in other languages on the board most people can't understand what you are saying and participate and this is a public forum. You are welcome to PM each other in spanish if you want.

I lived in Mexico for a while. In Hermosillo, Sonora to be exact.

i_luv_baby_nut

Cavy Slave
Hi I was born in the U.S. but my mom was born in Michuacan, Mexico and my dad was born in Guerrero, Mexico.I still visit my grandparents and stuff though. I didnt actually know that they sold guinea pigs in Mexico. When I would ask most people didn't know what I was talking about.

drakal

Cavy Slave
Hi, I am also from Mexico,to be specific, I live in Tijuana,
I have a guinea pig that I adopted from my brother.
You will be happy in this forum there is a lot of help from experienced owners.
And as VooDooJoint said, we must write in english, so other non spanish speaking members can undestand.

DosLunas

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I am from the states, but haved lived in Mexico for 8 years, just south of Guadalajara, in Chapala.

We have two new little cujo's that are so much fun. Does anyone know what Timothy Hey is called in Spanish? And do you know if I can get it at a feed store. I have tried many places with no luck. Right now the little guys are getting lots of veggies and a cavi pellet mix, but read that they need the Timothy hey to keep their teeth short?????

I found a great used cage at the animal shelter, but still tryng to work out all of the details with these cute guys. So happy to be on this site.
Lauri, Pepper and Talkie

DosLunas

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I am from the states, but haved lived in Mexico for 8 years, just south of Guadalajara, in Chapala.

We have two new little cujo's that are so much fun. Does anyone know what Timothy Hey is called in Spanish? And do you know if I can get it at a feed store. I have tried many places with no luck. Right now the little guys are getting lots of veggies and a cavi pellet mix, but read that they need the Timothy hey to keep their teeth short?????

I found a great used cage at the animal shelter, but still tryng to work out all of the details with these cute guys. So happy to be on this site.
Lauri, Pepper and Talkie

drakal

Cavy Slave
To DosLunas:
Timothy Grass, goes by the latin name of Phleum pratense, wich is the scientific name for it.
I browse the net and found out that in some parts of Mexico is called "Cola de Zorro", which means fox tail in english.
I hope this is useful

DosLunas

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much, it was very helpful

Iliana

Cavy Slave
WOW! What a surprise to find so many cavy lovers in Mexico!!! I am from Tuxpan, Ver. but I live in Mexico city. My guinea pigs name is Lolo (we used to call him Lola because when we got her they told us he was a she, but we now discovered it is a HE. I also had trouble finding stuff for my guinea pig but there is veterinarian in Mexico city for cavies, ferrets and other exotic animals and he sells TImothy hay and good pellets for cavies and toys. and probably he could send the hay or other stuff by courier to other places in Mexico. If any of you need the phone or mail just ask and I'll mail it to you.

Iliana

Cavy Slave
WOW! What a surprise to find so many cavy lovers in Mexico!!! I am from Tuxpan, Ver. but I live in Mexico city. My guinea pigs name is Lolo (we used to call him Lola because when we got her they told us he was a she, but we now discovered it is a HE. I also had trouble finding stuff for my guinea pig but there is veterinarian in Mexico city for cavies, ferrets and other exotic animals and he sells TImothy hay and good pellets for cavies and toys. and probably he could send the hay or other stuff by courier to other places in Mexico. If any of you need the phone or mail just ask and I'll mail it to you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.