Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Star Guinea pig's owner from Mexico

Hi. I'm posting a new thread here. This is my first visit to Cavy Cages and I'm not still sure what are all the things people can do here, so, I think it would be nice if there's any more people from Mexico or latin countries (spanish spoken countries) so we can share expereciences and opinions.
    Last edited by Ly&Pigs; 05-01-06 at 11:48 am. Reason: removing messed up thumbnail photo

Thanks
    Thanks
    9 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Guinea pig's owner from Mexico

Welcome here! I'm not from Mexico but my husband comes from Mexico. He lived in a village close to Cuauhtemoc. He came to Canada when he was nine years old. I hope you can learn a lot here. How many guinea pigs do you have?

Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hola!
    I'm from Argentina and my main language is Spanish...
    You'll learn a lot here, I'm sure.
    Paula

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hola, I'm from Mexico, i live in Cancun and having lots of problems finding materials and food too... all thing i have for my Pigs i bougth them in the US :p

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi!!!! im from Mazatlan Mexico, but I live in Mexicali so I dont have much of a problem getting guinea pig material or food cause is near the border... I have one piggy and looking to adopt another, I just think piggys are great when they are well trated and happy... they can be very fun!!!
    Nena!

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm from Torreon, Coahuila but I live in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, I did had a hard time finding materials, and I finally builted my cage with linoleum, and grids, I have 2 male long haired pigs, they are great!!

Where do you get the GP food from? I have to go to US to bring it home

Do you know if we are able to write in spanish?

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator! VoodooJoint's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    3,250 Rec'd/800 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We prefer if you don't write in spanish. When you write in other languages on the board most people can't understand what you are saying and participate and this is a public forum. You are welcome to PM each other in spanish if you want.

I lived in Mexico for a while. In Hermosillo, Sonora to be exact.
    Everyone has the right to make an ass out of themselves. You can't let the world judge you too much.

Maude from Harold and Maude

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi I was born in the U.S. but my mom was born in Michuacan, Mexico and my dad was born in Guerrero, Mexico.I still visit my grandparents and stuff though. I didnt actually know that they sold guinea pigs in Mexico. When I would ask most people didn't know what I was talking about.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I am also from Mexico,to be specific, I live in Tijuana,
    I have a guinea pig that I adopted from my brother.
    You will be happy in this forum there is a lot of help from experienced owners.
    And as VooDooJoint said, we must write in english, so other non spanish speaking members can undestand.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Re: Guinea pig's owner from Mexico

Hello,

I am from the states, but haved lived in Mexico for 8 years, just south of Guadalajara, in Chapala.

We have two new little cujo's that are so much fun. Does anyone know what Timothy Hey is called in Spanish? And do you know if I can get it at a feed store. I have tried many places with no luck. Right now the little guys are getting lots of veggies and a cavi pellet mix, but read that they need the Timothy hey to keep their teeth short?????

I found a great used cage at the animal shelter, but still tryng to work out all of the details with these cute guys. So happy to be on this site.
    Lauri, Pepper and Talkie

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello,

I am from the states, but haved lived in Mexico for 8 years, just south of Guadalajara, in Chapala.

We have two new little cujo's that are so much fun. Does anyone know what Timothy Hey is called in Spanish? And do you know if I can get it at a feed store. I have tried many places with no luck. Right now the little guys are getting lots of veggies and a cavi pellet mix, but read that they need the Timothy hey to keep their teeth short?????

I found a great used cage at the animal shelter, but still tryng to work out all of the details with these cute guys. So happy to be on this site.
    Lauri, Pepper and Talkie

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

To DosLunas:
    Timothy Grass, goes by the latin name of Phleum pratense, wich is the scientific name for it.
    I browse the net and found out that in some parts of Mexico is called "Cola de Zorro", which means fox tail in english.
    I hope this is useful

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much, it was very helpful

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! What a surprise to find so many cavy lovers in Mexico!!! I am from Tuxpan, Ver. but I live in Mexico city. My guinea pigs name is Lolo (we used to call him Lola because when we got her they told us he was a she, but we now discovered it is a HE. I also had trouble finding stuff for my guinea pig but there is veterinarian in Mexico city for cavies, ferrets and other exotic animals and he sells TImothy hay and good pellets for cavies and toys. and probably he could send the hay or other stuff by courier to other places in Mexico. If any of you need the phone or mail just ask and I'll mail it to you.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Re: Guinea pig's owner from Mexico

WOW! What a surprise to find so many cavy lovers in Mexico!!! I am from Tuxpan, Ver. but I live in Mexico city. My guinea pigs name is Lolo (we used to call him Lola because when we got her they told us he was a she, but we now discovered it is a HE. I also had trouble finding stuff for my guinea pig but there is veterinarian in Mexico city for cavies, ferrets and other exotic animals and he sells TImothy hay and good pellets for cavies and toys. and probably he could send the hay or other stuff by courier to other places in Mexico. If any of you need the phone or mail just ask and I'll mail it to you.

User Tag List