Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General How to organize/store hay and wood shavings in bedroom

Piggy01

Cavy Slave
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to store my guinea pigs stuff in my bedroom.
Their stuff takes up a lot of room, so any tips on organizing and keeping everything neat would be great!

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Depends what kind of space you have. I keep my excessive amounts of hamster bedding in my closet. I keep the fleece in a box next to the cages, but ideally I would buy some shelves or drawers to put the bedding on. Hay gets all over all the place and it's never really cleaned up completely, so I have a cheap dollar store rug in front of their cage. I have to vacuum that area daily.

escapay

Cavy Slave
I have my hay usually in a laundry hamper that I got from IKEA and that fits underneath one of the tables that my pigs are on. And then the carefresh bedding I have is now in a large plastic tote and I have a medium sized bowl to scoop some out. It can hold up to two of the larger bags of that.

I am still working on my organizing and have been watching a lot of YouTube videos for some more ideas. But like they mentioned in the above post, it depends on the space you've got to work with. I have a couple cages on taller tables, so I have storage space below and I also have a cage on a grid stand. That one has a smaller amount of space under it.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I have a cubby shelf from Menards that’s made to hold the 12” square organizers. It’s at the end of my couch facing the wall, so the top works as an end table and the cubbies hold fleece and hideys.

Right now I have hay in the bags, but I may get a tall dog food container. I had one but it was kind of a nuisance, so maybe I’ll find something else. I swear my guinea pig has more linens and bedding than I do!

Piggy01

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for your tips! Theyre very helpful! :)

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
For me, I just keep the cardboard box that the hay comes in and I store it next to my guinea pig cage. I have quite a bit of space in the piggie room, so I know that this may not work for everybody. I keep all of the other supplies, like dustpan, treats, and a mini trashcan in a plastic bin on top of the hay box. I really like having the box of hay right next to the Guinea pig cage so I can minimize the amount of hay that's dropped as I feed the guinea pigs. I totally agree with 4boipigs, hay really does get everywhere!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.