Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Question about gallery photos: Permission for pet store 7.8 sq ft cage?

PhattusRhattus

Cavy Slave
Hello there! I was reading some of the forum rules the other day and noticed that, in the "Gallery Photo Rules" thread, the following rule was mentioned:

"No commercial or pet store cages! Under any circumstances. If you have some great purchased cage that meets our cage requirements, please post about it in the forums and get permission to post a photo of it first."

The cage my boars are currently being housed in is theAll Living Things[SUP]®[/SUP] Guinea Pig Penthouse, purchased at my local PetSmart. Its dimensions are 47"L x 24"W x 14"H, and its horizontal base is 7.83 sq ft. By hand-measuring, the cage bars are 1" apart. There are no ramps or second floors. (Their hideys are placed towards the center of the cage so they at least have an outer loop to run around in.)

Although I am actively in the process of building a larger C&C cage, many of my best pet pig photos I'd like to share are taken within their 7.8 sq ft cage. Because I bought their cage at a pet store, I would like to ask permission first before sharing any photos involving their cage. Would their 7.8 sq ft cage be allowed in any galleries I post in? Thank you!

2021-12 - Cage.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't know the answer to this. I'll ask.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
If it's just to post pics of your pigs and not the cage, per se, it's okay. We measure the inner dimensions, not the outer for true usability, so it's not really 7.8, but you can post it. Thanks.

PhattusRhattus

Cavy Slave
Thank you very much, CavySpirit! Yes, the pigs would be the main focus in any pictures involving their pet store cage. I also appreciate you mentioning that the inner dimensions are ultimately what counts. That really puts into perspective just how small some pet store cages are (including this bare-minimum sized one), since I knew how small they were based on their listed (outer) measurements, but I didn't even account for how they'd have even less space available for use than that. From now on, I'll be sure to measure the interior space and use that for calculating the square footage. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.