Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage What to do w/ used cage?

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I may be picking up a free "guinea pig cage" and accessories later. I decided to do it purely so no one else may take the cage and then go to a store and put an ill-fated pig inside it. Any ideas on what to do w/ the cage aside from chuck it in the trash? I'm not sure what brand of cage, but it probably can't be more than 2 feet long. The other stuff it comes with I think should be usable.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Keep it for a hospital cage.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I have a large pet shop cage for overnight and emergency use. If there would be an emergency I could take the cage and she would have food and water. Otherwise I would be trying to catch her and then have to get good and water for her travel crate.

it’s also nice if we have any repairs going on and I need to move her into a different room.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
Four years ago, my two piggies were rehomed from Craig's List and came in a Living World cage. Over time, I've used it to quarantine new piggies. About 6 months ago when I had surgery and stayed at my sister's for recovery, I boarded my two pigs at a local independent pet store and used the Living World cage. This pet store also takes in abandoned small animals so I donated the cage. It now houses 2 piggies that are up for adoption and I donate all my extra pet supplies to this local pet store. The current owner also have piggies.

There are also many pictures on this site where the bottom of the small pet store cage is used as a kitchen.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
So I ended up not getting the cage (guess someone else got it before me). However, I'll an idea for our old but large guinea pig cage...I'm converting it into a hamster cage!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.