Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General New pig owner here , any advice

afoxie011

Cavy Gazer
Hello there i am a new pig owner, a mother and a daughter pig.
I have never had pigs before tho i have done bit research before hand but.
Any advice or tips for a first starter out?
Thanks!
(ps there in doors not outside with very huge cage)

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The very first, and most important thing I can give you a tip on is:

Find an exotic vet for them. It's not really a question of IF they will need vet care, but when. You really don't want to be scrambling trying to find a vet if one of them happens to fall ill. If one, or both, gets sick or injured, they can go downhill with frightening speed. The best thing you can do is have a good vet on hand that you can get to ASAP.

afoxie011

Cavy Gazer
The very first, and most important thing I can give you a tip on is:

Find an exotic vet for them. It's not really a question of IF they will need vet care, but when. You really don't want to be scrambling trying to find a vet if one of them happens to fall ill. If one, or both, gets sick or injured, they can go downhill with frightening speed. The best thing you can do is have a good vet on hand that you can get to ASAP.

thanks for your reply i looked for vets in my area but only one is just out of town and its a far way away. so i would need to travel just outta my own and with no car its gonna sting a bit T_T but i looked and £13 there and back isn't bad really

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
Hello! Welcome to the forum! One important tip that I can give is be prepared to clean ALOT. I don't know what bedding your using, but if you use fleece then I recommend investing in a mini vacuum. My mini vacuum has been a LIFESAVER! It just sucks up poop and hay really easily.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.