Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Why is my guinea pig try to get on my bed when i start sleeping

channn

Cavy Gazer
I don’t know start from when, my guinea pig started to stare at me when i get on the bed and turn off the light. She is staying the same point with the same position trying climb on something higher to reach me. But after i put her on my bed, she is not sleeping just start to pee and walk around under my blanket. And for now, she even try to jump on something to get on my bed.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Be very careful about bringing your guinea pig on any furniture off the floor. They don't understand height - a few inches or a few feet look the same to them. So it's very easy for them to be injured from a fall.

Your guinea pig may want to be near you, or may like tunneling under the blanket since they like to hide and feel safe. A blanket in a secured area on the floor would be best so she can explore, hide, and not get injured from a fall.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto [MENTION=42766]ItsaZoo[/MENTION]. Guinea pigs' eyes are on the side of their heads, which means they can't see depth at all. Guinea pigs should never be allowed on anything high unless you're right there paying close attention to them.

You also shouldn't let her sleep with you. It would be very easy for you to roll over on her and smother her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.