Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Guinea pig cant seem to bond to any other piggie

I have my guinea pig Chavela and shes 1.5 years old. I first got her when she was two months old, I had my two original piggie Autumn and Zelda for her to bond with and everything went well. Unfortunately there was an accident relating to my mothers dog and I lost my original two. I wanted to get a friend for Chavela but it took me 3-4 months to find a female for rehoming in my area. I had taken the same steps as before to bond but they immediately lunged at each other. Ive had them for about three months in a 4x4 c&c cage with a divider down the middle. Every week or two I try to put them in a neutral area and try to bond but it hasnt succeeded.

A month and a half after having them together the newest piggie gave birth to two more. It was totally unplanned and I wasnt told she had been with other pigs (I was lied to saying she was alone). Im now looking for homes for them and thought about seeing if one of the babies could possibly bond with Chavela. I had read babies are easier to bond to adults. I tried to do this but Chavela tried lunging at the baby as well.

Im not sure if its possible to have a pig suddenly reject all other company? Ive had her checked health wise and everything is ok. What else could I do? :/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    30 Rec'd/24 Posts

Re: Guinea pig cant seem to bond to any other piggie

She sounds like she's a dominant piggie.

User Tag List