20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    89 Rec'd/73 Posts

Clogged nozzles, part 2

Follow up to this https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...tuck-in-nozzle

Now my boys have 2 water bottles, but someone is clogging them numerous times a day. I don't know what's clogging them - it almost looks like someone is eating poop and then drinking water. I know they clog the water bottles after eating pellets or their vitamin c treats. Now the bottles are clogged on days I don't feed pellets or they haven't yet had their cookies. Idk what to do. I keep having to empty and clean them. Help!

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    23 Rec'd/21 Posts

Re: Clogged nozzles, part 2

Maybe its just the type of spout that your water bottles have. I been using these water bottles for years now and I've never had one clog up.

Maybe its the chewed hay that's clogging them up? You could put the water bottles far away from the hay and food, that way the food will be swallowed by the time they drink water.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    89 Rec'd/73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teambenji543 View Post
    Maybe its just the type of spout that your water bottles have. I been using these water bottles for years now and I've never had one clog up.

Maybe its the chewed hay that's clogging them up? You could put the water bottles far away from the hay and food, that way the food will be swallowed by the time they drink water.
    I should probably invest in one and see what happens.

They're also starting to favor one bottle (the smaller one) over the other, but I clean them daily so idk what their problem is. My other boys have their bottle in the kitchen and they don't clog it. I just don't get it. I'll see about moving them around.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    23 Rec'd/21 Posts

Yeah, my guinea pigs favor one water bottle over the other too. Sometimes they’ll squabble over that one special water bottle when there’s another right next to them!

If you do end up buying the rent a coop water bottle, make sure to put the water bottle up a little higher. Like high enough that your guinea pig has to look up to drink a bit, this way the water bottle won’t leak.

User Tag List