Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Scored 25 grids for $3 for my cage!

lattelove

Cavy Slave
My daughter and I went to a neighborhood garage sale this weekend, and as I started to drive past a house, I noticed something out in front that looked like cage grids. I stopped to take a look because they looked very much like the grids we have for our new C&C cage. It turns out that they are the exact same grids and connectors, and they were selling 25 grids with connectors for $3! So this was our big garage sale find!

We are New Guinea pig owners, and we purchased the C&C cage materials after learning that the cage we had Pebbles in was way too small. He is so much happier in his new 2x3 grid cage, and my husband immediately started planning to add a second level. We had just started planning and budgeting for the materials we would need, so I was so happy to find these! Now we only need to buy more coroplast for the second level, and cut more fleece.

The 2x3 cage is the largest size we can reasonably fit in the area where we keep it, so our best option for adding living space is to go up. Most of the photos I have seen here of 2-level cages are larger than 2x3, so I would love to see any photos of 2x3 cages with a second level.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
If you have enough grids, they make a great temporary fence for floor time. Just use zip ties to attach them, then they can be folded out of they way when not in use. Put them in an oval or circle and connect with binder clips.

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
Wow! Congratulations! We love pictures of new cages and guinea pigs!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.