Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Guinea pig possibly pregnant

Emlane89

Cavy Gazer
So we got a Guinea pig thinking it was a girl so we place “her” with our two females. Found out then she was really a he. Our one girl without a doubt is pregnant she’s getting bigger and even feel/hear them. Which btw when they get to that point how much longer typically until the babies are here? However, my other girl has the buldge to her but she isn’t that big and I don’t feel or hear anything. My husband says he feels like sacs in there. She is a Abyssinian so it is kinda hard to tell. Could she be pregnant but just super early? Or idk? Just looking on advice how long possibly till the one has her babies and if the other even could possibly be pregnant? Lol will post picture of one in question then other if can IMG_9119.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emlane89

Cavy Gazer
So we got a Guinea pig thinking it was a girl so we place “her” with our two females. Found out then she was really a he. Our one girl without a doubt is pregnant she’s getting bigger and even feel/hear them. Which btw when they get to that point how much longer typically until the babies are here? However, my other girl has the buldge to her but she isn’t that big and I don’t feel or hear anything. My husband says he feels like sacs in there. She is a Abyssinian so it is kinda hard to tell. Could she be pregnant but just super early? Or idk? Just looking on advice how long possibly till the one has her babies and if the other even could possibly be pregnant? Lol will post picture of one in question (took different dates to see if change) then other if can.
82baa6b756f1c838e07b846134a46f34.jpg

e23663794be2041ae9d358cde7f690f6.jpg

Soecara

Cavy Slave
It would be best to act as if she is pregnant until it is proven otherwise. Yes she could be pregnant, just not as far along as the other girl, depending on how long the male was in with them.

Emlane89

Cavy Gazer
It would be best to act as if she is pregnant until it is proven otherwise. Yes she could be pregnant, just not as far along as the other girl, depending on how long the male was in with them.

When we realized we took him out and that was about 2 weeks ago. I know those two weren’t as close as him and my girl were so it very well could’ve been later. When do they typically start showing that they’re pregnant? And when you start feeling them and hearing them move and what not inside the belly how far is labor typically? I’m just wanting to try and be prepared with everything and also wanting to be home when the one does go in labor and if the other one is too I want to make sure home for her as well.

Emlane89

Cavy Gazer

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
They should be ok then unless there's some complication unrelated to age.

Do be sure to sex the pups and separate the boys from the girls by 21 days of age.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.