Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Guinea pig possibly pregnant

  1. #1
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Sep 30, 2021
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

    Guinea pig possibly pregnant

    So we got a Guinea pig thinking it was a girl so we place “her” with our two females. Found out then she was really a he. Our one girl without a doubt is pregnant she’s getting bigger and even feel/hear them. Which btw when they get to that point how much longer typically until the babies are here? However, my other girl has the buldge to her but she isn’t that big and I don’t feel or hear anything. My husband says he feels like sacs in there. She is a Abyssinian so it is kinda hard to tell. Could she be pregnant but just super early? Or idk? Just looking on advice how long possibly till the one has her babies and if the other even could possibly be pregnant? Lol will post picture of one in question then other if canClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9119.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	128.8 KB 
ID:	88074


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Sep 30, 2021
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

    Re: Guinea pig possibly pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by Emlane89 View Post
    So we got a Guinea pig thinking it was a girl so we place “her” with our two females. Found out then she was really a he. Our one girl without a doubt is pregnant she’s getting bigger and even feel/hear them. Which btw when they get to that point how much longer typically until the babies are here? However, my other girl has the buldge to her but she isn’t that big and I don’t feel or hear anything. My husband says he feels like sacs in there. She is a Abyssinian so it is kinda hard to tell. Could she be pregnant but just super early? Or idk? Just looking on advice how long possibly till the one has her babies and if the other even could possibly be pregnant? Lol will post picture of one in question (took different dates to see if change) then other if can.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Cavy Slave Soecara's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 18, 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,942
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    270 Post(s)
    Thanks
    4
    Thanks
    550 Rec'd/464 Posts

    Re: Guinea pig possibly pregnant

    It would be best to act as if she is pregnant until it is proven otherwise. Yes she could be pregnant, just not as far along as the other girl, depending on how long the male was in with them.

  4. #4
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Sep 30, 2021
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

    Re: Guinea pig possibly pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by Soecara View Post
    It would be best to act as if she is pregnant until it is proven otherwise. Yes she could be pregnant, just not as far along as the other girl, depending on how long the male was in with them.
    When we realized we took him out and that was about 2 weeks ago. I know those two weren’t as close as him and my girl were so it very well could’ve been later. When do they typically start showing that they’re pregnant? And when you start feeling them and hearing them move and what not inside the belly how far is labor typically? I’m just wanting to try and be prepared with everything and also wanting to be home when the one does go in labor and if the other one is too I want to make sure home for her as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Administrator bpatters's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 23, 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    29,881
    Mentioned
    2123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    221
    Thanks
    7,560 Rec'd/6,042 Posts

    Re: Guinea pig possibly pregnant

    Here's a link below to some information. But the crucial question is how old your girls are? The pelvic ligaments start stiffening at about nine months of age, and pregnancy is increasingly more dangerous after that time.

    https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...r-along-is-she

  6. #6
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Sep 30, 2021
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

    Re: Guinea pig possibly pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    Here's a link below to some information. But the crucial question is how old your girls are? The pelvic ligaments start stiffening at about nine months of age, and pregnancy is increasingly more dangerous after that time.

    https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...r-along-is-she
    The one in question will be 8 months this month and the one who is for sure will be 7 months this month.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Administrator bpatters's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 23, 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    29,881
    Mentioned
    2123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4124 Post(s)
    Thanks
    221
    Thanks
    7,560 Rec'd/6,042 Posts

    Re: Guinea pig possibly pregnant

    They should be ok then unless there's some complication unrelated to age.

    Do be sure to sex the pups and separate the boys from the girls by 21 days of age.

User Tag List

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •