Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Meet Georgie, Our Guinea Pig - Jewish Journal

News Feed
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

WhyzPiggies2021

Cavy Slave
"The Talmud tells us we must feed our animals before we feed ourselves, which is why Georgie gets his morning Persian cucumber before anyone else eats breakfast." - Tabby Refael

YUP!! :eek: Same. lol
I'm always the last one to eat ...
:(Beautifully written article... :love:
PS - I would steal cucumber from my guinea pig on Yom Kippur too. Fasting ain't easy!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
"The Talmud tells us we must feed our animals before we feed ourselves, which is why Georgie gets his morning Persian cucumber before anyone else eats breakfast." - Tabby Refael

YUP!! :eek: Same. lol
I'm always the last one to eat ...
:(Beautifully written article... :love:
PS - I would steal cucumber from my guinea pig on Yom Kippur too. Fasting ain't easy!

I did not see a way in that article to comment. That's too bad, as I wanted to help her with whoever has misinformed her about pairing pigs.

WhyzPiggies2021

Cavy Slave
"But when I arrived at PetSmart and found a slew of cute, baby guinea pigs, I was told that if I introduced another male into Georgie’s cage, the second guinea pig would most likely end up with its eyes scratched out..."

Pet store employees are often misinformed. That's why we love this forum! Actually, adult piggies bond best with babies. Adult piggies do not feel threatened by babies.
It boils down to one thing, everyone loves cute babies! :D💖

I wonder how old the "babies" actually were. There is a significant difference between 3 weeks old compared with 3 months old...

SSLee

Cavy Slave
And the author lives in Southern California where there are a number of guinea pig rescues, including the huge LA Guinea Pig Rescue. No reason to buy a piggy from PetSmart. I will look to see if the author is on FaceBook.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.