Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    511 Rec'd/65 Posts

Re: I got a new camera!!

Aww! I love those photos of Chewie, Atticus and Dagwell! Way too cute. Great quality pigtures too.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/4 Posts

How long until you try re-introducing them? My two (Tex and Art) were together for two years, then I got Gabe and they were fine for about a week then they started fighting. I got Gabe a friend (Buster) and they get along well. I tried reintroducing them all toghether today...Tex and Art just don't like Gabe and he doesn't like them, they walked up to Buster and were teeth chattering, but just sniffed him and walked away. How long does puberty last?

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/4 Posts

The main reason I wish I could house them together is there are two female babies for adoption here in Montana:

http://montanapets.org/lsar/pictures...hweinchen.html

http://montanapets.org/lsar/pictures/05-Knopfchen.html

I'd really like to get them, but right now I have a 5x3 and 6x2 cage and don't have room for another cage, it'd really help if I could house the boars together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    2 Rec'd/2 Posts

Adorable! Good thing you adopted Bacon he's too cute!

I got a new digital camera too but I can't figure out how to install the software! I know..it's pathetic. It's an Olympus Camedia C-770 something or other. 4.0 megapixels and 10x optical zoom. I'm not too happy with it since it easily blurrs pictures and I can't keep my hand still(I have a very slight tremor) and it takes forever to actually take the pic. I guess because of all the automatic zooming?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    77 Rec'd/58 Posts

Dagswellismypiggy...great pics and I have been meaning to make a suggestion to you and others who use the fleece. This just came to my head this morning so it may be no good! LOL anyhow, go to Wally World or TRU/BRU and buy some crib size flat not fitted mattress pads to go under the fleece. It is just a thought. I am a bedding person so it is not as if I have tried it myself.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    4 Rec'd/3 Posts

Other than what others have already said, one suggestion: Do you know how to put the camera into point-focus or center-focus mode? Otherwise most will typically focus on the highest-contrast object in the picture when in reality you would focus on your pigs eyes or 'face'. With most cameras today you have a spot-focus or center-focus mode which locks the focus point to a box displayed in the center of the picture. Then you focus by half-pressing the shutter button, take the picture by pressing it completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

Terpfan I don't know your pigs well enough to judge when you should try them together. My guys probably won't be together full time again untill in the spring. Though they still get floortime together everyonce in a while.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments, though I do have some very arrogent guinea pigs at the moment.

User Tag List