Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition Not eating pellets, concern about protein in a baby

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've had baby Brianna for 3 weeks now, was 3 or 4 weeks old when I got her. She's in with Bianka, my 1 yr 2 mo old coronet. I take Brianna out to give her cilantro and parsley so Bianka doesn't get high calcium veggies. The issue is protein concerns. I haven't seen her eat pellets. I had gotten kms alfalfa pellets and pulled her out trying to get her to eat it to no avail. Gave up. So everyone has timothy hay pellets and she doesn't eat that. I googled high protein veggies and nothing really or you need to give a cup.

If she wasn't a baby I wouldn't worry. All 3 daily eat lettuce, carrot, tomato, cucumber, zucchini, peppers, radicchio and fresh cut wheatgrass.

Any input if you'd be concerned about protein with Brianna? TIA

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Maybe not. Does she eat hay? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about the pellets. She may develop a taste for them as she gets older.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Maybe not. Does she eat hay? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about the pellets. She may develop a taste for them as she gets older.

Yes she loves hay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.