Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Not Eating 4/5 year old male stopped eating?

• Thread starter maplenzoroesmom
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

maplenzoroesmom

Cavy Slave
Hey someone please give me your thoughts, he’s 4/5 years old and hasn’t eaten in about 2 days. I have given him all his favorites. Idk what to do? Is he just getting old?! Please help. No prior medical issues. He is pooping and peeing and moving around still. Doesn’t look like he’s lost any weight. And i did see him clean himself for a short period of time today. OH and after he turned down all his favorites, i did try to take him outside to eat grass, he DID eat a LITTLE. Please help

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If he is pooping and peeing he's eating something. Are you SURE he's actually the one pooping?

Regardless, if he's stopped eating he needs an exotic vet, asap. Make sure the vet checks his teeth thoroughly.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
If my old man didn't eat for 2 days, I'd be making an emergency appt with our vet. Not eating for that long is not good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.