Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags These people want to buy 10 diffrent types of animals and will trade produced rabbits

Ellia Sarah

Cavy Gazer
They say "lso will take in or buy other animals like rabbits,chickens,turkeys,guineas,quail,snakes and many others" and Also "i breed rabbits so if your also interested in any rabbits for trade for any of those animals"

(broken link removed)

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
Sometimes, I don't know what's wrong with people...

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Old post but I'll bring up - in my area, we have someone constantly posting about taking in fish, reptiles, etc. Supposedly they run a rescue. Generally, I'm skeptical of most craigslist ads.

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
@4boipigs, I agree with you about many of the craigslist ads being worrisome. I've never rescued a guinea pig from one of their ads but I did answer an ad from a lady wanting to find another home for her canary. I was very skeptical but after sending emails and receiving pictures from her adult granddaughter, my husband and I went to her home to meet her. She was a lovely older lady whose husband had passed away and she was going to be entering an assisted living facility. The canary had been purchased for her husband while he was in later stages of cancer to give him something to focus on. She told us he would sit in his chair and just talk to this bird and it gave him a lot of pleasure.

Sadly none of her grandchildren wanted the bird so he needed to be rehomed. As we were leaving with this little bird she started to cry and it just broke my heart. I put my arm around her shoulders and told her we would give him a good home.

That was in 2014 and this little guy is still going strong. I like to think that his previous owner is doing the same.

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
@Kelsie I'm so glad you adopted that little bird:sad:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.