Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

The party comes to an end.

Talkofthepigs

Cavy Slave
Hi all.

I knew eventually that I was going to have to meet grief again, but not this early on.
today I was saying my good mornings and noticed Cowe limp in the corner of her cage.
I kept her alive with water and heart cpr until I couldn’t no more.

I got to hold her in her blankie one last time. I told her it’s ok if you have to go. I won’t be mad because it’s just your time. And when I finished that sentence she closed her eyes and took one last stretch.

There was nothing we could do as she had bad respiratory problems, a on going cold (which medicine was not working) and a underlying heart murmur. She also never grew and was baby sized forever. DCD8F5C7-2A1F-479B-BFBD-D5EB9F3DD276.jpgCowe taught me a lot. She taught me how to always realize that even if you day is completely going horribly wrong you can still find happiness and peace. She taught me how to live life like the end didn’t even matter. Which it didn’t because at the end of the day she knew that parties had to come to an end, but that even if her party ends she knew she had the party to remember. And thats all that matters.

Rest easy Cowe. Thank you for giving us a party to remember, but thank you for being my best friend for three months and remember you’ll always be my pretty girl. Make sure they treat you to lots of yogie drops. Mommy is proud of you for how strong you are and will always honor your constant happiness. I love you.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss, @Talkof the pigs .

It doesn't matter how long they are with us. Anyone who chooses to have pigs in their lives knows that they are tremendously good at stealing your heart. And they do it so fast you don't even realize it's happened.

Most of us here have lost a pig, or two or more. It never gets easier.

Rest in peace, Cowe. Know how much you were loved in this life and take that love with you to the Rainbow Bridge. There, you will know peace. You will make new friends and play in the sun with all the grass and veggies you could wish for.

Enjoy yourself, little one, until your beloved family comes to take you home. One last time.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry that you lost Cowe so early and your love for her comes through clearly. She was a beautiful piggy and it helped that you were with Cowe at the end to help her let go quietly. May she find peace and lots of yum yums at The Rainbow Bridge.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry.

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful baby. May her loving spirit Rest In Peace and may you be comforted by your memories of her. ❤️

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.