585 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    948 Rec'd/732 Posts

Remembering................

Name:  Sly.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  47.7 KB

Remembering my sweet boy Sly today. Gone but never forgotten.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    28 Rec'd/22 Posts

Re: Remembering................

Sly is so cute! I love his pattern on his coat! I am so sorry you lost him. At least he is happy at the Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure he is thinking of you right now.

3. "Thank you, Rosiethecutepig, for this useful post," says:

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quoted
    585 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    948 Rec'd/732 Posts

Hard to believe it's already been three years.

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Quoted
    415 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    778 Rec'd/673 Posts

The love and level of commitment that you have always given to your boys has always impressed me. Sly was such a gorgeous piggy and he couldn't have asked for a better life than the one you gave him. All of your boys have won the piggy lottery.

I just wanted to add that I'm so happy to see that you continue to stay active in this forum. So many of our members have dropped off and I hate to see that. When I joined years ago this forum was so active. I'd love to see it get back to that level of participation. It's a wonderful forum and people like you and a few others that continue to post make it a pleasant place to visit.

6. "Thank you, Kelsie, for this useful post," say these 3 members:

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quoted
    585 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    948 Rec'd/732 Posts

Thank you very much for the kind words, @Kelsie.

My boys have all been members of the family. I firmly believe that if you bring an animal into your home, you treat it like family and provide for it as such or you don't have one. It's that simple.

Each one of these little furry guys has stolen a piece of my heart, and when they leave that piece goes with them. I won't lie. It makes it very, very difficult to continue with another pig when losing them hurts that much. I always end up thinking of what's best for the pig who remains, and putting my own hurt aside. The new additions do help move forward.

Whoever said "Time heals all wounds" is flat out wrong. It DOES give you the space to learn how to deal with what you've lost. But once you've loved, that doesn't heal. You move on.

I will stay active here as long as I possibly can. There are a lot of members that even I have seen through the last six years come in and move on. I think it's important for those that learn as much as they can about piggies to share that knowledge to another generation, so that we all learn how to care for them even better.

I will always post a photo or a sentence or something, on the anniversary of one of the boys I've lost. It's mostly for me, just having it out there and doing something out in the world for them. It's cathartic for me, and I hope I don't annoy anyone with it.

8. "Thank you, Guinea Pig Papa, for this useful post," say these 4 members:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    53 Rec'd/51 Posts

@GuineaPigPapa, it is so nice to see Sly's little face again and I can't believe it has already been three years since Sly went to the Rainbow Bridge. When I first joined this forum four years ago, I was extremely inexperienced as a pet parent, only having been responsible for gold fishes and a dwarf hamster for a short time. Sly's medical thread was one I diligently followed and I was amazed at the care you provided to him. Later on I also followed Scooter and Punkin's threads where I continued to see your dedication. I have learned so much from you, and other more experienced members on this forum, and appreciate the knowledge sharing.

10. "Thank you, SSLee, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List