Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Supplements Oasis vita C drops

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've posted Bellas issue in medical forum. She is not interested in water, food and hay. Labs so far dehydration so she's getting extra water with critical care. Waiting on UA culture to see if has UTI. Next on Aug 13 is ultrasound to see if suspected ovarian cysts are the culprit.

I can't remember what the dosage is for syringing this vita drop from my Mooshy days. She's not feeling well and not eating peppers or oxbow vit c diced up tablets, this is the option left.

Spydoc had posted long ago. I can't find it. How many ml and how many times a day?

Tia!

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
According to the package instructions, 8 drops contain 25 mg of vitamin C. For a recuperating pig, 12 drops might be better. They recommend 2 Vita Drops per 1 ounce of water, and it is assumed the guinea pig will drink 4 ounces of water per day.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
But don't put the drops in the water bottle. They'll degrade so quickly the vitamin C will be useless. You can dilute the stuff and syringe it to them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.