Thread: Recently Adopted two girl guinea pigs July 1 and questions about behaviors

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Question Recently Adopted two girl guinea pigs July 1 and questions about behaviors

As Gizmo and Sparkles are not baby guinea pigs they are longer than 10 inches since they can't fit in the 10x10 snuggle sack I had bought them thought it was big enough but it wasn't . So I got them from a gal who was their previous owner rehoming them .

Sometimes I wonder if Sparkles misses her previous owners as it seems like she sometimes lets out sudden loud squeals with whimpering or could their be another reason . As they both have room in their cage and when i clean their cage and the hidey they spend time in a fun filled play room .

Sparkles is on the pillow and Gizmo is stretched out. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210722_202941.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	87953

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    18 Rec'd/16 Posts

Re: Recently Adopted two girl guinea pigs July 1 and questions about behaviors

She could be missing her previous owner, or she could just be asking for food. is she still eating and drinking, walking around? You might want to watch her for other signs of pain.

3. "Thank you, teambenji543, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teambenji543 View Post
    She could be missing her previous owner, or she could just be asking for food. is she still eating and drinking, walking around? You might want to watch her for other signs of pain.
    I should had mentioned her food wheeks are different than that sudden loud squeal then whimpering at times. She's eating, drinking just fine as she loves to make her whistling sounds for when she hears the sounds of food. She does run around has quick running around their tunnels and she likes to run and jumping over that pillow she's sitting on

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quoted
    586 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    949 Rec'd/733 Posts

They are pretty new to you, and I think you probably just need some time to figure out just what all their noises mean.

User Tag List