Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Seam has come undone on old fleece

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I have some fleece I got secondhand from the local pig rescue. There is an area around the border between the top and bottom which has come undone. Given the unknown age of this fleece, is there anything I should do before sewing it up like making sure the liner (no idea what it's made of) isn't messed up inside or anything?

I'll have to hand sew it, which I'm not too great at. Is there any special stitch I should use, or just sew it the best I can?

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
The liner is probably Tyvek material, which is what waterproof mattress covers are made of. It's kind of like shower-curtain fabric.

I would just make sure the liner inside is flat and not bunched up anywhere. Smooth all the layers together and even up the edges. Then pin the edges, or if you don't have pins, paper clips or other clips will work. Then I would just use a whip-stitch around the edge. It's an easy stitch to make and should keep everything together.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.