Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/11 Posts

Flying saucer?

I know that you are going to say that wheels for guinea pigs are not a good idea. I also know that the flying saucer type is really bad as well.

So here is the story, Right now Iím on vacation and we gave my piggies to my neighbor to watch them. I gave them a care sheet and taught them how to feed them and care for guinea pigs. Well my neighbor has two boys and they went to the store and bought a flying saucer wheel for the guinea pigs. I know that my piggies would never, EVER use a wheel but my neighbor told me that they bought it more for the boys than the piggies. Is it ok if it just sits in their cage, like decoration? According to her, they havenít even touched it. I was thinking that they could just put it out during playtime? I just would feel so bad if I told them that they couldnít put it in the piggy cage.

Maybe I could tell them to only put it in under supervision? (To make sure that the piggies donít eat the plastic)

thank you!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    82 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    137 Rec'd/131 Posts

Re: Flying saucer?

Chances are they won't use the flying saucer, and hopefully won't chew or hurt themselves. However, I would suggest to the neighbor to take the 2 boys and return saucer. Then make a trip to a local Dollar Tree and get a couple of the stack and nest storage bins. When they're flipped over, they make great hideys for guinea pigs. And the pigs love to pull them around and rearrange them to make tunnels. This would be much more fun for the boys than watching a saucer that never gets used.

Here is a link with pictures of the bins: https://www.dollartree.com/stack-nes...ic-bins/987224

Here is a picture of my guinea pig, Lacey, in her red hidey bin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3743.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	87923

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    12 Rec'd/11 Posts

Re: Flying saucer?

That’s such an awesome idea! I’ll tell them.

User Tag List