Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Where can I buy bales of hay online in PA?

Lindsey7618

Cavy Gazer
Does anyone know where I can get bales of hay from in PA, preferably online since I don't drive? Or know of a place close to the Lehigh Valley? I buy the $13 96 oz bags from Walmart and it's getting expensive.

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
I usually buy my hay off of Amazon. I’ve been buying this hay for years and it’s always fresh and green. It’s 25 pounds so it lasts me a while. I recommend the 25 pound instead of the 50 because I noticed that the hay turns brown and crumbly before my piggies can eat it all. So 25 is the perfect amount for me. (Although I don’t know how many guinea pigs you have, I have two.)

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
There's many of us here who order hay in bulk online; it's by far more cost-effective than buying from the pet store and you get much better quality hay. Check out Small Pet Select, Kleenmama's Hayloft, and Sweet Meadow Farm. You can also find Oxbow through 3rd party sellers online, like amazon and online pet food suppliers. The bulk of the expense will be for shipping, but it's still much cheaper per ounce to buy online.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.