Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sneezing Sneezing guinea pig but no other symptoms

MomoPrincess

Cavy Slave
One of my male guinea pigs who is almost 6 months, has been sneezing alot. It happened when I picked him and put him on a fleece, he kept sneezing. When he sneezes he leaves clear discharge. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of sneezing? He is sneezing alot but he is acting normal, eating hay, and nothing seems to be off except for he keeps sneezing.

Thank you for any advice!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If this discharge is clear, that generally indicates no sign of infection yet. He could just have something up his nose that's irritating it.

Keep an eye on him and if it continues or gets worse, or the discharge changes from clear to coloured, get him in to a vet.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just out of curiosity, was he not sneezing before you started using fleece? I use Tide Free and Clear detergent and no fabric softener.

It's possible that the detergent you use could be making him sneeze.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Did you recently switch hays? I tried to switch our Robin Hood to orchards grass, and he started sneezing with a runny nose after the first day. As soon as I went back to Timothy and cleaned out the orchard, he was back to normal.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.