Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Wet Bum Daily

ashruss713

Cavy Gazer
I have a roughly 3 year old guinea pig (adopted) that has been getting a wet bottom. It has been going on for about 3 weeks now and he is acting completely normal; eating, drinking, playing and annoying his brother but he is almost constantly soaking himself. His stool is not runny and healthy pellet shapes and I can’t find a spot in the cage that is wet that he could be laying in. I gave him a few baths now and the next day he is covered again. It looks like it may be urine but doesn’t smell strong of it. The other piggie has not been getting wet. Again behavior is completely normal and appetite is as strong as ever. They have a never ending supply of Timothy hay, Oxbow pellets and get fresh veggies daily and fruits every other. This is something new for him and he is healthy otherwise.

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just out of curiosity, what are they housed on?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd suspect a bladder stone, and would want an x-ray.

ashruss713

Cavy Gazer
Just out of curiosity, what are they housed on?
They are in a Midwest Cage with an outdoor patio rug. I’ve had them in this setup for a while and will change out and toss the rug about every 3 months. I’ve tried pressing my hand on the carpet to see if anything is soaked and nothing that would be causing him to be so soaked.

Attachments

image.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.