Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Philippines Where to buy pellets or even hay.

morrigan

Cavy Slave
Other than BIO RESEARCH, is there other pet shop where to buy guinea pig pellets. Because there's no more available guinea pig pellets in Bio Research and my pigs are starting to be sick.

How about hay?

Astrantia

Cavy Slave
morrigan said:
Other than BIO RESEARCH, is there other pet shop where to buy guinea pig pellets. Because there's no more available guinea pig pellets in Bio Research and my pigs are starting to be sick.

How about hay?
Unfortuately I have exactly the same problem as you :( No more guinea pig pellets at Bio Research. I can't find hay either. The only thing I can suggest to you is buy the rabbit pellets for the time being. Feed your guinea pig 1 tomato a day (high in Vit C) and give it a peice of bread (for fiber, instead of hay for now). Do that and hopely they will get a new shipment of guinea pig food soon. When they do, be sure to buy two bags so you don't run out when they are out of stock!

Last edited:

esmerando

Cavy Slave
how much is one bag of guinea pig pellets?

ambho

Cavy Slave
costs about 135 pesos for a 2.5lbs. bag at bioresearch,they have a branch located at sm norht edsa in the basement level,your just a stone throw away from there right?

esmerando

Cavy Slave
yeah! i knew that place already! My school (quezon city science high school) is just right beside sm north edsa!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
The only thing I can suggest to you is buy the rabbit pellets for the time being.
If your only option is rabbit pellets then be certain that they contain no antibiotics or animal byproducts. Rabbit pellets can contain both and while the animal products are unhealthy the antibiotics can be deadly

Feed your guinea pig 1 tomato a day (high in Vit C)
Actually tomato is too high in acid and can cause mouth sores. The same goes for citrus fruits. Instead try green, red or yellow sweet/bell peppers. They are lower in acid and have a lot of vitamin C. A good variety of fresh dark leafy greens and other veggies should provide allthe Vit C you need. If in doubt get a vit C suppliment in either chewable form that can be fed directly or sprinkled in their food.

and give it a peice of bread (for fiber, instead of hay for now).
No bread. Bread turns into sugar in the digestive track and can cause serious health problems. They will get all the fiber they need from the pellets, daily veggies and instead of hay offer fresh, fertilizer and pesticide free grass.

vinci

Cavy Slave
so.. rabbit pellets are bad for pigs?

AnimalHouse36

Cavy Slave
Only buy rabbit pellets if they contain NO anibiotics or animal byproducts.

vinci

Cavy Slave
so that must be the cause why two of my pigs died.
is there any filipinos active in this forum?
will you direct me how to go to binondo bioresearch when im from qc fairview
thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.