Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Not a guinea piggy mom any more

4cuca71

Cavy Gazer
I joined this forum to get feedback for a sick piggy. Unfortunately, she passed last night which may have been from either old age, or eating a chew toy (loofah) which the packaging said it was for guinea pigs. We are devistated and grieving the loss of our sweet, sweet cavy, Nutmeg. RIP sweet girl! We will meet again! 💔💕😢😩

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sometimes when they fall ill, there is time to seek answers and find some help. Sadly, other times they pass quickly before you even have a chance to know something is wrong.

Rest in peace at the Rainbow Bridge, Nutmeg.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry...

4cuca71

Cavy Gazer
I am so sorry for your loss.

Sometimes when they fall ill, there is time to seek answers and find some help. Sadly, other times they pass quickly before you even have a chance to know something is wrong.

Rest in peace at the Rainbow Bridge, Nutmeg.

Thank you for your kind words. Her vet that we would take her to (exotic pet vet) was closed all weekend. We thought to wait until Monday to take her in (she started late Friday night feeling sick). She got very sick, very fast and was almost six yrs old. I don't think I want to get another piggy. This blow was TOO painful!!!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Thank you for your kind words. Her vet that we would take her to (exotic pet vet) was closed all weekend. We thought to wait until Monday to take her in (she started late Friday night feeling sick). She got very sick, very fast and was almost six yrs old. I don't think I want to get another piggy. This blow was TOO painful!!!

I know exactly how you feel, as do many others here. Losing them is unbearable. I did not want to get more pigs either, I hurt so much. I had one boy left, so I had to make sure he was looked after.

I felt the same way you did. Until I saw something similar to this.

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/116699-My-will

Maybe your heart has enough love in it to keep going.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
That's really touching, Guinea Pig Papa. It's so hard to look past the pain and remember how much fun and happiness and joy you had over the years.

You have my sympathy, 4cuca71. These little ones can be ill for a while and keep it hidden so well, you never really know until it's serious. Take some time for yourself and keep remembering what a good life Nutmeg had with your good care.

4cuca71

Cavy Gazer
You all are so sweet! Our hearts are aching for Nutmeg. I read the poem and it is a wonderful reminder to keep loving and not grow a hardened heart out of fear. She is so very missed right now. We need to grieve, and I hope in time we will consider adopting another piggy not to replace our Nutmeg, but to keep the love going. She is in a better place and not in anymore pain. Sweet Nutmeggy.jpg Here's our sweet girl who is no longer with us. We will meet her again!

4cuca71

Cavy Gazer
Thank you! She was such a joy to us and we miss her dearly!!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Beautiful girl, what a sweet face! I get a glimpse of her personality just in that photo, and I can only imagine how much it hurts and how much she is missed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.