Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Blood in pee

Candalalala

Cavy Slave
My two and a half year old piggy, Apple, has blood in her pee. She hasn't been acting strange but I was still able to tell it was her out of the four I have running around during floor time. She doesn't seem in pain but I know they can hide their pain well. Her normal vet closed an hour ago and will not be open until Monday.
Is blood in pee something I could wait nearly two days to take her to the vet or should I make the nearly two hour drive to see the emergency exotic vet today?

Candalalala

Cavy Slave
I separated them all out and none of them peed blood. I'm going to separate them again tomorrow and see if it happens again!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
How much blood?

I wouldn't separate them, nor would I go to an emergency vet unless she's peeing pure blood. Calling on Monday should be fine.

Candalalala

Cavy Slave
Thank you, I meant I separated them to see who it was! I am going to call first thing in the morning.

Thank you so much.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.