Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Worst fleece designs?

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
This is intended to be mostly a funny post.

What fleece designs do you think are bad ideas?

Ex - I have a donut print on a blue background, with scattered brown sprinkles. The sprinkles look so much like pig poop that when I go to clean my eyes get confused and sometimes I don't know what's pig poop and what's sprinkles.

Another one - anything brown like animal prints where you can't see where the poop is! I have giraffe and cat prints that make this super difficult.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Plain white, by a long shot.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I would agree, white is worst. I have found that a plain mid-blue seems to work for me very well. It doesn't stain easily, blood shows up very well on it if there is any, and any lighter stains aren't as visible.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I don't like dark color fleece, for the same reason @4boipigs stated, hard to find the poops. Also, for some reason, it seems to be much harder to remove the hair from the dark fleece. I bought 4 foam beds from an Etsy seller, 3 have pastel fleece inside and one is black. On the black fleece, I can never brush off the hair and resort to using lint roller or even picking them off by hand. That bed with the dark fleece gets used much less frequently than the other 3.

I have never used white but can imagine how gross it can get. My favorites are pastel shades, very cheerful and easy to maintain. Next time I buy fleece beds or cuddle sacks, I am going to make sure to buy them only in pastel shades. No more dark colors.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
If I had known how difficult this brown animal print fleece would be, I probably wouldn't have gotten it (it came w/ a used c&c set I bought). I agree that the pigs look best on the lighter colors - I have blue, purple, and a gray (with hearts) print and the pigs look great on it compared to the darker colors.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I can’t stop buying fleece. I love the color combos so I have lots of different colors. I go for brights and neons, but I made the mistake of getting a floral with a tiny black polka dot background. Could see a thing, just swept the whole cage every time. I do use fleece pieces or homemade wee pads in the corners so most of the cleanup involves picky those up.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
I like yellows or lime greens honesty. Easy to see blood, but not pee. :)

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I just read some of my previous posts and realized auto-correct is making me sound like I'm drunk!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.