Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Revamped cage/room for my herd of 4 boars

Wenzerito

Cavy Slave
Hi again! I got their new setup mostly completed, I miscalculated some measurements so it's not the size I was thinking of, but I think it works well!

It's roughly 8ft by 5ft, and the two kitchen areas on either side measure 2ft by 2ft, and 2ft by 3ft (ish). The length of the room is a bit awkward for the size of the panels I had so I had to bend some around to make things work better.

I also kinda just used whatever fleece would fit LOL. The shape isn't the original one I intended to make so yeah. But meh, the piggies seem to love all the different colors so who cares! Haha.

The "canopy" area in the center is supported by a pvc thing I put together previously. I'm going to add two more supports like it to each corner, though. It seems sturdy but I just want to be safe.

The pigs are already running around and exploring, West and Shrew did some zoomies already! Now, I wanted to share some pics and see if anyone has suggestions or concerns of any kind? Just wanting to make sure this will be as good as possible for them!

20210407_235143.jpg

20210407_235133.jpg

20210407_235127.jpg

Edit to add: I'm specifically a bit concerned about the two wooden huts I got for them, off to the left side of the cage. All their other hides have two entrance/exit holes, but those two only have the one entrance. It's wide and covers half the side of the hut so I thought it might be okay, but what do you guys think? Should I remove them?
(The wicker hut with the square hole cut out of it does have another entrance/exit on the opposite side!)

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Maybe just saw an exit hole,if you have a saw?

Otherwise, I don't really know.

Last edited:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Definitely two doors in every hidey, especially with boars. A one-door hidey is just an invitation for one boar to trap another, and get his face slashed for his efforts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.