Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blankets Crocheted/knit guinea pig beds

Mousewife

Cavy Slave
I’m bringing home my new baby boys on Monday. I’m over the moon excited.
Most of what I have from my previous piggies has been washed multiple times and sterilized. I have, however, gotten them a bunch of new things just for them.

I’m a knitter/crocheter/general crafter. I’ve sewn beds, but never knit them. I knew this was a thing I should not do for my mice, so I just sort of absorbed that.

but I have so many adorable patterns and all I do at night is knit and crochet and I have no one to make for and I’d love so much to knit for them.

Is it ok to do? Or generally not for all the same reasons as mice? (Little paws caught and damaged)

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
I crocheted my guinea pig a hammock but all she did was poop and pee on it, she never went on it. I wouldn't use double crochet stitch. I would probably use single crochet stitch so their paws won't get stuck.
I also have a group called Crafty Cavies if you want to join!:)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd also watch them like a hawk to make sure they don't eat it. Yarn could cause a huge intestinal blockage. I personally wouldn't risk it.

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
Maybe when they are free roaming you can put it out for them. If you do make it, make sure to post the pattern! (But that is if you use your own pattern).

Mousewife

Cavy Slave
I did end up making one and lining it with fleece. I’ll watch to see how they respond to it before making more.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
If they don’t nibble on the yarn, I would think crocheted dividers hanging from the cage would be fun. I’m picturing hippy-type stings of flowers, or corner awnings with curtains that tie back.

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
If they don’t nibble on the yarn, I would think crocheted dividers hanging from the cage would be fun. I’m picturing hippy-type stings of flowers, or corner awnings with curtains that tie back.
That's a cute idea [MENTION=42766]ItsaZoo[/MENTION].

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
On the not of the cavy crafters how do you join that group?

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
Click on my profile (@Rosiethecutepig) and if you scroll down it should show you the groups I am in. Crafty cavies is only group I'm in. Click on Crafty Cavies and then click join. There you go!

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
Thank you I will make sure to join!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.