Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Do Guinea Pigs Need To Go To The Vet?

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
Hello! I was just wondering how many of you take your guinea pigs to the vet every year. Is is necessary? My guinea pigs are about 3 years old, and I was wondering if I should bring them to a vet for an annual checkup.

If I should, then does anyone know any good exotic vets in northern Virginia?

Thank You So Much!
-Teambenji543

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Yes they absolutely need vet visits just like cats and dogs. An annual exam is a good place to start. Establish a vet now so when illness strikes you know where to go.

I haven't had my boys for a year yet, but they have all been to the vet numerous times already.

The way I find exotics vets is to just go to google maps and start searching 'guinea pig vets'. Call a place if you aren't sure.

teambenji543

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! I had no idea that people brought their guinea pigs to the vet. I’m going to schedule them an appointment soon!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.