Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    18 Rec'd/16 Posts

Exclamation Guinea pig Illnesses

Ok so you may be wondering why does someone question about illnesses for an animal I already own. So the places I looked they didnít explain the illnesses well and no pictures and how to check. I want to know all of the most common illnesses causes and if it is contagious and symptoms. The reason is my baby Sunny I found out was sick when it was too late, but Princess we brought to the vet too and had the same sickness and was treated and still living happily to this day. So what is a URI is my main question and how to stop illnesses soon as possible because I know guinea pigs hide their illnesses dry well. ( I know this is the wrong discussion board but I want to save the treads when my piggies are sick or not feeling well.)

Mentioned
    2118 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4088 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7,528 Rec'd/6,015 Posts

Re: Guinea pig Illnesses

Let this be the medical thread for your pigs, and keep all your medical questions about them here.

A URI is an upper respiratory infection.

Sometimes you can stop an illness, other times not. The best thing to do is to weigh your pigs regularly, preferably before breakfast, and keep a record of their weights.

Weight loss is often the first sign of illness. Sneezing and nasal draining can indicate a URI, bloody urine can be a sign of a bladder infection, blood on the private parts can be a sign of something wrong in the reproductive tract, squeaking when peeing often means bladder stones.

For more info on illnesses, see www.guinealynx.info.

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    18 Rec'd/16 Posts

Re: Guinea pig Illnesses

Quote Originally Posted by bpatters View Post
    Let this be the medical thread for your pigs, and keep all your medical questions about them here.

A URI is an upper respiratory infection.

Sometimes you can stop an illness, other times not. The best thing to do is to weigh your pigs regularly, preferably before breakfast, and keep a record of their weights.

Weight loss is often the first sign of illness. Sneezing and nasal draining can indicate a URI, bloody urine can be a sign of a bladder infection, blood on the private parts can be a sign of something wrong in the reproductive tract, squeaking when peeing often means bladder stones.

For more info on illnesses, see www.guinealynx.info.
    Thank you very much I will start doing that.

User Tag List