Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My baby Bruin

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Here is Bruin's new post since the forum deleted my posts as ChicoAndAmigo.

Bruin was found in a fried chicken box in October 2020 with his brother Little Bear. I had him about a month and then he was pts after Thanksgiving. Bruin had severe heart failure that medication did nothing for, aside from furosemide getting some fluid out of his lungs. I was tasked with giving Bruin meds twice a day in hopes that he may get better. The day he was pts, he was breathing so badly that I made an emergency appointment with the vet. They couldn't believe his heavy breathing was while he was on meds and compared his heart to shoes in a dryer. I decided we'd both had enough of living like this and struggling to breath, so we went good night. His last moments were with Little Bear asleep by his side. I spent probably $800 on him in a month, all because his previous owners decided to neglect and dump him.

Bruin was a bit of a bully to his brother, who was half his size. Bruin was so scared when he came home with me after I met the person who found them, but quickly he started to come to the side of the cage for food and wheek when he heard me open his pellet bag. Little Bear grieved quite badly and started to have seizures until I adopted Gimbly about a month later. Bruin's ashes sit on a table next to my 4 boys.

Guinea pigs are not starter pets. They are not just some cute thing that you can keep and never give veterinary care. They are like cats and dogs, and need love, attention, and to be cared for like any other animal or human. Bruin is a testament to not buy pet store animals, to not impulse buy, and to not buy pets for children for 'first pets' or for 'responsibility'. I have nothing but disgust (among other rude words) for their former owners' complete disrespect for their lives.

Bruin only got to experience a month of love, good food, clean bedding, and other basic rights that all animals deserve. One month of what life should have been like...and one month was not enough.

bru2.jpgbru.jpg

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
This is heartwarming:sad: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I too am sorry for your loss. Bruin deserved a far better life than he got, but in the end he knew what his life should have been like.

I still cannot get over how much he looks like my boy Sly. I do know this. Bruin is waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for his brother Little Bear to join him one day, and they will both wait for the day YOU come to get them both. Because you are the one who deserves to carry them into eternity.

Rest in peace, Bruin.

Know that you were loved in this life, and that every effort was made to save you. Know that you deserved better and although you found it late, you still found it. Sweet dreams, little man.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.