Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

KMS Hayloft major issues

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
Has anyone had poor experiences with KMS Hayloft? I ordered an entire week ago, and still have not gotten a notification that it has shipped. I’ve contacted them multiple times and not a single person has answered me. My pigs now have to abruptly change back to Oxbow because they’re now out of KMS pellets. The first time I ordered it was here in 3 days, so I thought a whole week was a plenty of time. Just very frustrating.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
I haven't tried KMS but I've watched a video by Saskia at the LA GP Rescue where she compares many brands and KMS looks very poor. I have also seen mixed posts about it on the UK Gpig forum.

I currently feed Oxbow which I buy from my job, but I'm having a difficult time with their quality - the hay is happily eaten by the pigs, but there is a lot of dust, sharp pieces, and the 90oz bags are packed way too tight and full of very short-cut, hard pieces.

Guineadad and Small Pet Select also ship, but I'm fond of my work discount and don't want to have to pay a ton for hay for 4 pigs.

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
Are you sure it was KMS? Its very high quality from a farm, I want to say [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION] uses it

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
Sorry I should’ve been more clear, I’m talking about pellets! I was not impressed by their hay.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@4boipigs, I'm not sure why a UK forum would be having anything to say about KMS, since they don't ship there.

But a number of people have been complaining about KMS and their customer support. I'm not sure what's going on.

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
He finally reached out to me on Facebook, he said he learned Friday night that the new batch was not actually in production. He offered to send me what he had for now or refund me. He should’ve refunded me and sent what he has honestly, because that was pretty bad customer service. I’m just hoping this is not a continuous thing, he did say he’s ramping up production.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I ordered 10 pounds pellets and 5 pounds oat hay about 2 weeks ago and just received my order. The pellets were milled on 3/31/2021, so it is very fresh. However, I only received 2 pounds of oat hay instead of the 5 pounds I ordered. Hopefully KMS Hayloft customer service will respond soon and send the 3 pounds of missing hay. I've never checked the weight of the hay before. But when I picked up the bag of hay, it was so light that no way could it have been 5 pounds and the scale confirmed it was only 2.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
@4boipigs, I'm not sure why a UK forum would be having anything to say about KMS, since they don't ship there.

But a number of people have been complaining about KMS and their customer support. I'm not sure what's going on.[/QUOTE

There are people from other countries, too. Among the EU an the rest of the world

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@TheGuineaPigGal, I'm well aware of how many people are from other countries. But I think you missed my point. KMS does NOT ship to the UK. So I don't see why it would be of interest to a UK forum.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
My co-worker and I decided to weigh the bag of pellets and it comes in at 9 lbs, not 10 lbs. We did this at the office and we have a small commercial scale, which is accurate. I took a picture of the pellets on the scale as proof but not sure if that will help as the KMS customer service representative might say something about the scale being inaccurate or that it was adjusted.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
KMS resolved my shorted order pretty quickly. Dan responded to me and asked a couple of questions and in my responses, I uploaded pictures of the items on the scale. He has now approved an oak hay replacement shipment of 5 lbs (was short by 3 lbs) and 2 lbs of pellets (was short by 1 lb) and I received the tracking information. Dan's final response:

"It's obvious to me that someone was just lazy when they packed your order. The new one is on it's way."

I was thinking that perhaps the person packing it got my 5 lbs order mixed up with a 2 lbs order. So glad to get the missing pellets as it is super fresh.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.