Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions One of my guinea pig's nipple looks swollen

MomoPrincess

Cavy Slave
I have a female guinea pig who is nearly 4 months old. I was doing a daily check up on her and I noticed one of her nipple looks larger than the other. She is not showing any other symptoms, she is eating fine, poop looks good, and she is pretty active. She always had a bigger stomach ever since she turned two months old so I'm not sure if this counts as ovarian cysts issue. Do you guys have any idea what is going on with her? Should I take her to the vet or am I just overlooking at this?

guineapig.PNG
Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd watch her carefully for a few weeks. It's not at all impossible that the nipples are just different sizes and that you're just now noticing it, but it could also be a small mammary tumor. If there's a lump underneath, or if the difference in size gets more obvious, then see a vet. A surgery to remove the tumor is not a bad one, as surgeries go, and usually has a very good outcome.

MomoPrincess

Cavy Slave
I checked again the very next day, both of them looked the same size.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.