Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Animal lover with new pigs :)

CrazyWildMe

Cavy Gazer
I have three boy pigies and am hoping to upgrade them to a diy C&C and have a few questions:

Where is the best place to get coloplast?
Is Mazuri guinea pig diet food ok?
Can I feed my pigs brome hay that is baled localy (it is clean,mold free,and looks and smells like it should and I freeze it before it is used)?
And are Willow twigs ok for pigs?

thanks for any replies:)

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I hope you find all the information you need.

1. You can get coroplast at Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, or pretty much any hardware store. We even sell some on the forum! Here is the link:https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com/coroplast-on-sale

2. I have never heard of Mazuri, but here is what [MENTION=1085]Ly&Pigs[/MENTION] has to say.
I feed my own pigs mazuri and while it's not the worst, it's not the best. But it damn sure beats many of the other pellets out on the market. I do advocate getting oxbow and KM's pellets highly though.

Any grass hay is fine. Bermuda/Coastal, brome, meadow, orchard, bluegrass, timothy, etc. are all types of grass hays.

4. Yes, Willow sticks are safe.

CrazyWildMe

Cavy Gazer
Thank you so much:)!!!
One more question do pigies use cuddle cups or are they just props, I sew and was thinking about making some but didn't know if they would use them?

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Some pigs will use cuddle cups, some won't. Cuddle cups seem pretty expensive, I like fleece forests because they are simple, inexpensive, and east to may yourself. He is a picture of a fleece forest if you are unfamiliar with what it is.
Xwzo8LIWKh5nkZ4YuYvX dNc3calmhgAALCxYKwbl0EgAF2NzyeXwqoIEysqAADOfgAAAAAA

Xwzo8LIWKh5nkZ4YuYvX dNc3calmhgAALCxYKwbl0EgAF2NzyeXwqoIEysqAADOfgAAAAAA

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.