Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

We will miss you Petunia

Kiwi_girl

Cavy Slave
We lost Petunia suddenly last night to some sort of neurological distress. Likely a stroke or some such thing. We found her laying limply in her cage unable to move her back legs. Our local emergency vet disgusted us when they refused to even look at her and said if we brought her in all they would do is put her down. We had to drive 2 hours away. The result ended up being the same. She was our first and oldest pet. 6 years old. She was the friendliest and sweetest of all of our guinea pigs. She loved having her chin scratched. She was also the boss piggy in the group so im sure we will see some fighting in the next few days as they sort out the new leader. We are heartbroken. IMG_20210209_035411.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Petunia, you are an adorable little lady.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Piggies are certifiable heart stealers and Petunia looks like she would have stolen yours in very short order.

Enjoy your stay at the Rainbow Bridge, little girl. The sun feels so wonderful. The grass and veggies are the best you'll ever have. And oh, the new friends you're going to make while you wait for your family to come and get you again.

Rest in peace, Petunia.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so very sorry you lost her.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Petunia! It's obvious that you were loved a great deal and loved your hoomans in return. :love:

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry...

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
My condolences, I'm so sorry you lost Petunia. She was so fortunate to have such a good home, and her personality is obvious in the pictures you posted. Take care of yourselves.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.