Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? What breed is she exactly? And color?

ArtieFoxx

Cavy Gazer
So this is something I’ve posted over on FB, and have gotten the same answer but it just doesn’t feel right.

when I got my girl, Dango, I was told she is a “Teddy” Guinea Pig (AKA she was this adorable ball of fluff). But as she’s grown I’ve started questioning if she may have something mixed in with her since her coat doesn’t seem to match most of the Teddies I see (it does but it doesn’t.)

Her fur is very dense and plush with a bit of a wirey feel to it. But where it confuses me is at her bum, it’s extremely long and silky. Her tummy fur is also very thick, silky, and wavy...

I’ve figured for a while she’s most likely a cross of some sort but I was just wondering. Everyone on the FB groups have said normal Teddy...but she certainly doesn’t look like the normal ones I see.

Also would she be considered a variation of Dalmatian on her coloring? She has the gray/black face marking and then one super light gray patch on her bum...

I can also get more pics if they’d be of help.

thank you so much!

Attachments

08FE81E7-D0A6-4035-946E-998427A85026.jpg 857DD4AE-C5B4-4B02-8D8D-B49C2C2AC2E0.jpg C1CB3F0D-A27B-4D50-B2FB-D841A9EF893D.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She's definitely mixed -- teddies are pretty wiry all over.

I don't know about the dalmatian, but that mixed black and white means she may carry the genetics that produce lethal white pigs. Whatever you do, don't breed her.

ArtieFoxx

Cavy Gazer
That’s what I was guessing from just looking at her coat compared to other Teddies. She’s also huge...she’s even bigger then my Abby. Even without her fur she’s just big (she is female I’ve checked her myself, and had it exotic vet confirmed).

Yeah I’ve heard the issues with breeding the white/black pigs specifically the Dals and Roans. She’s just a spoiled rotten pet...same as my other girls.

so no babies from them. X;DDD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.