Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Almost 5 Year Old Guinea Pig Pregnant

EthanWillis

Cavy Gazer
So my female Guinea Pig Jazzy (ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD) is pregnant with 2 babies and she’s not doing too great and I’m worried sick so I just want to ask what are the chances of her surviving this? The vet doesn’t even think the babies are alive in there but she thinks Jazzy is pretty far along. She took a look at her 4 days ago and gave me critical care to syringe her since she’s not eating and drinking much. But I’ve been updating her on the situation via phone.
And for anyone who asks - NO I didn’t do this on purpose. Jazzy’s sister Daisy died earlier in 2020 and then late 2020 I decided to get a new companion for Jazzy. The pet store promised the new companion was a girl but obviously turns out it was a boy because he got Jazzy my five year old pregnant and now here we are.
The vet is pretty hesistant to do a C section because of the risks. So she wants Jazzy to keep trying to give birth on her own but she’s not doing great 😞 Also this morning I noticed her doing pushing motions which I’m thinking maybe were contractions but she only did it for 10 minutes then stopped so I’m confused.
Anyone heard stories of older guinea pigs surviving this? What else can I do?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I answered you at GL. Let us know how she is this morning, and I'll give you some more info.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.