Thread: Boar did something odd during cleaning, is this normal?

Cavy Slave
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    1 Rec'd/1 Post

Question Boar did something odd during cleaning, is this normal?

I think I just saw my boar do a normal bodily function, but I want to double check and make sure it’s nothing to be worried about. As a warning, this involves boar privates!

One of my boars, about a year and half old, was snorting as he was cleaning himself earlier. They do that every now and then when they’re reaching for their butt or genitals, and I try to help them out when I notice after one of my other boars had dry buildup on his privates that he wouldn’t have been able to clean on his own.

So I picked up my boar and expressed his genitals to clean with a napkin. Then his genitals flared at the tip and swelled up a few times. I’ve never seen that and was worried I had hurt him, but when I put him back on his feet, his genitals returned to a normal size and shape and retracted, and then he was acting normally.

He’s in his cage munching at hay, but I want to double check to make sure that was regular boar business and nothing to be concerned about. I haven’t checked his privates again in case it was indeed just my boar being a boar and I just made the poor guy uncomfortable...

Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4065 Post(s)
    Thanks
    Thanks
    7,502 Rec'd/5,994 Posts

Re: Boar did something odd during cleaning, is this normal?

I expect he was treating himself to a good time and you interrupted him. It's perfectly normal. Just be glad he didn't get boar glue on his nose.

3. "Thank you, bpatters, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List