Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming Moving to different house / room (HELP!)

JackJack33

Cavy Gazer
Hello, budding Guinea Pig owners here!
new_yes_zps3396780b.gif
We haven't gotten our piggy yet but we will be getting it next week once we properly set up the cage (2x5 c&c) my room is going to be under renovation in a few months, so I was planning to move it to my boyfriend house for the time being till the renovation is done then move it back. My apartment is small and currently don't have any other space to offer as we have a pet dog as well hence the decision, we know the piggy will be stressed out during the time being; is there anything we can do to ease the situation?
slsad_zps8ee09934.gif

Edit: we are getting 2 Guinea Pigs!

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't be concerned a whole lot about the piggies being stressed. I moved my pigs from Las Vegas to the PNW and they handled the move just fine. Once you move them to your boyfriend's house they might be a little discombobulated for a few days but they most likely will settle into a routine pretty quickly. As long as they stay in their original cage and their usual routine isn't changed too much I don't think you will see a lot of difference in their behavior. I think for the most part piggies are pretty adaptable. Will they have their own room at your boyfriend's house? Are there any other animals or young children there? If things are quiet and the pigs are left undisturbed I think things will go fine.

I also don't see a worry once you move the pigs back into your place. Just keep their routine as normal as possible and I think your pigs will be just fine. Many pigs go from a home to a rescue and then back into another home and they settle in just fine.

Please post pictures of your new pigs once you adopt them. Thank you for giving them a forever home.

JackJack33

Cavy Gazer
I wouldn't be concerned a whole lot about the piggies being stressed. I moved my pigs from Las Vegas to the PNW and they handled the move just fine. Once you move them to your boyfriend's house they might be a little discombobulated for a few days but they most likely will settle into a routine pretty quickly. As long as they stay in their original cage and their usual routine isn't changed too much I don't think you will see a lot of difference in their behavior. I think for the most part piggies are pretty adaptable. Will they have their own room at your boyfriend's house? Are there any other animals or young children there? If things are quiet and the pigs are left undisturbed I think things will go fine.

I also don't see a worry once you move the pigs back into your place. Just keep their routine as normal as possible and I think your pigs will be just fine. Many pigs go from a home to a rescue and then back into another home and they settle in just fine.

Please post pictures of your new pigs once you adopt them. Thank you for giving them a forever home.
Thank you for your helpful reply! now I'm relief knowing that and will try my best to make it as stress free as possible. No, there will be no children but the piggies will be sharing room with us...same issue; he lives in an apartment as well and not much space to offer haha. :eek::eek:
:eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.