Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat We got an unexpected visit (sort of) from an old friend.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Hi everyone.

Long time forum members will remember my little man Sly. He had a good long life, but it wasn't without it's challenges. He was a dental pig and endured 20 months of dental surgeries, totaling I believe he had 11 in all. We miss him very, very much.

One of his favourite toys was, of all things, a glass bowl and spoon. We use it (to this day, in fact) to clean up the poops in the cage. He would lift up either the spoon in the bowl and let it drop so it clanked, and if he was REALLY insistent he would lift up the entire bowl in his teeth and drop it to make a really loud noise.

Here is a video that I caught of him doing it one time. My wife wasn't home and he wanted a treat. You can see him clanking the bowl and then looking to see if she had appeared or not. It was so sweet and endearing and it was uniquely Sly.

https://youtu.be/Z2xJx36T1Eg

So, on to the visit.

The other night, my wife was sitting in the pen, cleaning up poops and straightening things up as we do (several times a day!) She emptied out the poop bowl and left the bowl with the spoon in it sitting beside her, like she always does.

Out of the blue, Leo went over and picked up the spoon and dropped it in the bowl. CLANK! CLANK! He did this a couple of times and thought it was pretty cool, so he lifted the bowl in his teeth to make a louder noise.

We were stunned to say the least. He did this several times and then walked away as if nothing had happened. He hasn't done it since.

So we are pretty sure that Sly came to visit us the other night, through Leo. I'm not sure if anyone else believes in things like this but we do, and it made me feel so incredibly happy and loved that Slydie came back for a brief visit to let us know he was ok.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.