Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Adding 2 guinea pigs?

piggiepig03

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone! I have been fostering my friends piggy for about 3 weeks now and shes staying with me for a year or maybe more. Her name is Kiki. I have fallen in love with this piggy and I definitely want to get my own! I just don't know if I should get 1 or 2 pigs. I definitely want all girls, and I met a herd of babies the other day and 2 caught my eye. Kiki is about 7-10 months old and the other pigs are 3-4 months old. Kiki is really sweet, and pretty shy. I am considering getting 2 because if I get one it will be alone when Kiki goes back to her forever home. She is currently in a 3x5 c&c cage with a 1x3 loft. Any thoughts?

KyKyMarie77

Cavy Slave
Hello! Definitly get 2 piggies as they are herd animals. I also recommend looking at all your local shelters for guinea pigs in need of homes. Theres a lot more information on these forums for general care and needs, but for the basics you needd 8.5 to 10.5 sq ft for two pigs like you are looking into. Since you already have one youve been looking after im sure you know the general care, but i suggest looking at some of the other threads on here for a little more research, especially the dietary thread.
EDIT: also good luck with your piggies! They are so much fun and such characters!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.