Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Injury Chippy Eye Removal

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Thank you. There is never a good time to lose a friend I know, but there’s just so much hard stuff happening right now and I don’t know how much more I can take.

I really appreciate all the help and good thoughts. I’ll just try to keep a positive attitude like you said and hope for the best. I’ll keep you posted.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
f24334c9137783f6b5ac734f60e87141.jpg

Beginning to think Chippy is scamming me now. We finally got some decent poops last night. He’s also eating a bit better. The thing is, if he’s in his cage he sits in one spot all puffy and hunched and unhappy looking. The minute I get him out with me, he stretches out and goes right to sleep like a little angel. Maybe he’s gotten spoiled with all the cuddles...lol. Making good progress though I guess so that’s good!

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Is Chippy still taking Baytril? That can make him not feel too well. I would continue with the pain med just to keep him as comfortable as possible. If he’s drinking on his own that’s a good sign, and getting the Critical Care into him is so important. I hope he starts to move more and get interested in eating hay. That would help his digestion. Take care!

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Chippy Update:

Chippy got his stitches out on Thursday. There was a little bit of puss in the wound but they cleaned it up. He is back on the Baytril for another week. Overall things looked good though and he is pretty much back to his old self, begging for treats like everyone else.

Now that he doesn’t have the stitches anymore, I’m going to try reintroducing him to Sundae. I think they will be ok and that they have been missing each other. They have been sleeping as close to each other as their separate cages will allow. I did try putting them together last week but Sundae kept trying to lick and chew on the stitches. Hopefully without the stitches he will leave it alone.

Here’s Chippy now:
c353e3ad69de3bc163c4802f72c1018a.jpg

8b652be3c2b2fc15b7d551195a957b84.jpg

He’s such a sweet boy!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
So glad to hear Chippy is doing well and on the mend! Let us know how the reintroduction goes, and how they get along. We love good news!

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I hope Chippy continues to do well. A good appetite is a good sign, and I’m sure he will be happy to get back together with his buddy.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Sorry for the lack of updates! I’ve been dealing with all the complications from my Mom’s heart surgery, but I think she is finally on go.
5acad491ee8f1bd193f8c311d356a42e.jpg

Chippy and Sundae are back together and getting along fine. We’re working on designing a new mega cage that give all 3 sets of pigs plenty of room and gets them all into the living room with us! Chippy rocks the one eye Pirate look. [emoji16] Thanks for everything everyone!

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I can't tell you how glad I am to see an update for Chippy. First and foremost, so very happy he is doing well and is back with his buddy and loving life!

And secondly, I literally posted a link to this thread for another member looking for help with this very surgery, and I directed them here in the hopes that this thread would give them a little peace of mind.

Way to go Chippy, and thanks a ton for the update [MENTION=30035]barbaramudge[/MENTION] !

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
I can't tell you how glad I am to see an update for Chippy. First and foremost, so very happy he is doing well and is back with his buddy and loving life!

And secondly, I literally posted a link to this thread for another member looking for help with this very surgery, and I directed them here in the hopes that this thread would give them a little peace of mind.

Way to go Chippy, and thanks a ton for the update [MENTION=30035]barbaramudge[/MENTION] !

Well, honestly, they messaged me to ask some questions about my experience and that’s what made me realize I hadn’t updated! I’m glad it worked out that way. I forgot I had turned the notifications off on the app when I was too overloaded with my mom.

heftysmurf

Cavy Slave
Reading your story gives me hope for my little buddy. Thanks for posting it and really happy all is well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.